Thursday, November 10, 2005

Monopoly

I had my students write a brief essay on their favorite board game and why. The reason was because I describe the conquest of the new world by Europeans as a big monopoly game. Spain is that participant who must be the banker and must own particular properties or they will get angry and not play fair. France is the player who is just playing to be a part of the game. England is the strategist who eventually takes the lead. Ironically the majority of them chose monopoly as their favorite board game.

I love board games and play them with my family often. We all have our little quirks about each game - like my cousin Todd will not allow you to assemble your Trivia Pursuit pie pieces outside of the container. I always hold my cards in a certain suit order in a card game - I can't tell you how or you will know for our next game. :)

What is your favorite board game &/or what is your quirk? I love Pictionary, Trivia Pursuit, Outburst & Loaded Questions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Trivial Pursuit Baby!

Trigun said...

Monopoly was always it for me. In college I would play that with some friends for hours on end. I love being the car! =)