Tuesday, November 04, 2014

I Return

It occurred to me as I contemplated where to begin my writing again, there has been a gross void in my soul for the past few months as I have not been able to invest in such an activity. This is not to say that the activities of which I have been engaged are unimportant or not blessing me in great ways. Yet, it is an awareness once again, that if the Lord has given you a talent and you are not exercising such a gift, you will not be at peace. Let me preface the rest of this publication by stating I am aware that my writing is inadequate when compared to many who are among the successfully published, so know that I am not seeking accolades OR am I trying to be too big for my britches, as my momma would say. It is to say that I find my peace by bringing pen to paper (or key to screen) the revelations that God bestows upon me weekly, daily, hourly. I have kept silent for too long. I have missed grand opportunity to shout out his name from the rooftop. I have sinned. Yes, I admit it. I have sinned. To not do what He calls you to do because you are fearful OR because you are TOO BUSY (Jodi Powell) is a sin. Plain and simple.

So I write. I write to release the thoughts he has allowed me to capture and ponder. I write to release the burdens of which I carry for our world. I write to release the passions of my heart. I write to release the questions that I possess. I write.

These past few months have been a whirlwind of activity in my house. Through moving, changing jobs, changing accounts, starting new schools, starting new extracurricular activities, establishing new routines, purging and organizing, and maintaining a new schedule, I have found myself neglectful of many things. The time that I have is no different. Yes, my commute to work is more lengthy than my previous job, but the hours in my day are still 24. So what am I doing with those 24 that is preventing me from being whom he has called me to be? Oh, let me confess to you friend…worrying.

No longer will I let it rule over my soul. Can I shake it completely? Hmmm, only time will tell. I know that it is displeasing to He that has given me more than I could have ever imagined. So today, I begin again. Today, I start using a minute here and there for expansion of what He has called me to do. The topics in my head are causing me to have strain as they are so bountiful. Our national and global news alone beckons to be conversed.

Here I am. I stand with arms wide open. To the One, the Son, the Everlasting God. All that I have, I place into Your loving hands. There it is. That confession of trust in Him. Now, I need to just simply not take it back out of his hands. Oh that is for another post on another day!

I pray that you stand up today and realize a gift that you have been neglecting. I pray that today you find strength and courage to give it your energy once more. I pray today that you join me in shouting out His name from the rooftops. I am Yours, Oh God. I am Yours!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Welcome back :)