Friday, October 18, 2013

Not Quite the Author, Just a Messenger

My life is a story; as is yours. It is a story that has an author who is capable of creating a plot and sequence of events that is beyond my ability to conjure. It is ever changing, ever complicated, ever unpredictable, ever blessed. As I find myself in continual complicated situations, I am reminded that the author and perfector of my faith is at work. My job in this story is to adhere to His word and to be still and listen as He so gently and yet firmly tries to instruct me down the path of righteousness. It is these fascinating stories that I choose to share in posts or written letters or other forms of scribing. For He has also requested that I not be kept silent, but that I boast in Him...not me.

As we progress towards a new day in our family, I feel it important to utilize what God has blessed me with in order to further His kingdom and to expose His greatness. Currently, I am working on a collection of family devotions for families to share with one another as they are encouraged to speak openly about their faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. Part of our great struggle with overcoming the world in this generation is that we are unable to speak of the One who speaks on our behalf to the Creator. In order to attain that boldness that is needed to recapture the world for the kingdom of God, we must first practice that boldness with those we are most comfortable. Speaking openly about your faith with your family and discussing the interpretation of the scripture with others who can walk alongside you in deciphering God's word is an invaluable tool giving you strength and wisdom to then in turn speak truth to those who are not in your immediate circle.

God is so clear in His word of the things He wants for us. Yet we are afraid to take hold of it because we are afraid of the world. Immediately advancing into the darkness without a firm footing on His word and His grace can be dangerous and damaging. Yet knowing His truth and trusting His guidance will provide us with the tools we need to face those who are in need of returning to their Creator. Practicing your faith with those who already share it is imperative training for battle.

I am not the author of anything, but merely the messenger of the message that He has placed upon my heart. May your family engage in training for battle as we seek to regain the kingdom of God.

No comments: