Monday, July 09, 2007

Easter 2007


This Easter weekend was an exceptionally special time for the Powell/Anderson family. We will probably not forget the many aspects of this celebratory weekend for many reasons. You see, it was this weekend that my dearest friend Abby decided to not only join me in my annual tribute to breast cancer by participating in Race for the Cure. She organized a massive team of runners and walkers who all wore coordinating t-shirts for my mother. Gail Force took the streets of Fort Worth on a very cold April morning in bright teal and magenta shirts. It was truly a moving day for me in countless ways, but the truly most important aspect for all of us was that my brother and my father were able to join us and they too crossed the finish line for my mom.

We did it MOM!

Emma also strolled across the finish line bundled up quite fiercely as Papa pushed her in style. The endurance of all of the runners, not just the Gail Force team, announced to the world that this disease is something that has impacted thousands of people to the point where they desire to make a difference in fighting this awful fiend.

Since completing this race, my dear friend Abby's mother-in-law has been diagnosed with a relapse of her cancer after a successful 7 years of remission. She will get to spend some quality time with her children this coming weekend after a fantastic Alaskan cruise. Continue to pray for Vonda as she embraces what God has for her during this next phase of her life. They have decided to no longer pursue radiation treatment. Elevate the Boerger family in your prayers as the Lord works His will here. Pray that God will protect her from suffering as well as unite this family around her during this journey.

Papa and Jason also joined us for Sunday services and Emma looked absolutely as beautiful as a Southern Belle. Her Grandy sent the dress for her to wear along with the bonnet. The only think she is missing are her Easter gloves. Do you remember those? Were yours short or long? Do you still wear them on Easter? Confess. You do, don't you? It's ok. I had to really work myself out of a hat because that was what I thought you did. She is our little angel. We love her so and Nana would be so proud.

1 comment:

Abby said...

You blow me away. Thank you. I love you, friend.