Thursday, July 27, 2006

Vacation Part 1










We journeyed to a cooler region of the 'ol US of A to find some of the beauty that remains unchanged by man. Our week long experience covered 3 states and hundreds of miles, but we loved every minute of it. A concern was raised about taking toddlers on a vacation that was more attractive to adults (hiking, kayaking, site seeing, etc.), but it was quickly erased and our children were fabulous. The picture that is enclosed is of the Powell family after a lovely hike in Grand Teton National Park. The peak behind us is one of the many towering snow capped mountains in the Teton Range. Grand Teton herself is not visible in the picture, but she is behink another mountain to the left. Of course our hike was limited by the children in terms of distance, but the enjoyment we received in watching them explore God's creation was amazing. Emma devoured every dandylion she could pick and Drew gazed at the waterfall and it seemed as if he really was in awe of the masterpiece.

Please don't miss out on these timeless opportunities! You don't have to have a Chuck-E-Cheese or a Little Gym to find entertainment for your wee ones. Just remember the Discovery School that God made.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Girl! The pics are great. It's obvious ya'll had a wonderful time. The pictures you sent me are too cute. Emma looks just like her mommy, absolutely beautiful. On another note, I hate like everything that I missed you're visit. I must confess that I do not check my PO Box as often as I should and because of this I only received your card yesterday. I hope you'll give me another chance next time. I'll email you my phone numbers.