Thursday, December 01, 2005

Mornings

They start your day! How many of you are morning people? It really must be emphasized that you must be one or the other. You see, I am truly a morning person. I think I went through a stage in high school where I forced myself to sleep in because that is what you did if you were a teenager. However, in college, if I wasn't up until dawn working on a paper or hanging out with friends I was usually up at dawn. Sleeping in for me is 7:30. Now granted, I am not out of control with excitement when I roll out of the bed - except on CHRISTMAS MORNING OR MY BIRTHDAY!! Those are two exceptions where I am just beside myself. Every other day I have to have my morning shower with a good face splashing to get me going. After that though, I am raring to go. Now we must be aware there are varying degrees of both species - morning people and non-morning people. There are those wonderful people who awake at 4:30 with a smile on their face ready to love on everyone. I am a step down from there.

Then there are non-morning people and their varying degrees. Some are just grumpy and in need of their caffeine and then they are ok. Some are mean for a few hours so it is best to not deal with them. I have witnessed both. Non-morning people are night owls. I am not. I shut down around 9:30 or 10:00.

Night Owls do not understand Morniing People and vice versa. However, if both are kind to one another and accepting of each other, there is no tension. For example, if you are extreme morning person, do not get in Night Owl's face and sing songs at 8:00 or talk really fast about your day. On the same note, Night Owl's should not drag their Morning Person friend to an 11:00 movie = wasted $7.50.

What are you? Can you tolerate and respect the other? Think about it.

No comments: