Friday, February 21, 2014

A Little About Me

Often those little surveys are passed around on Facebook or on email asking you random questions about yourself so that others can better know you. Sometimes they are ridiculous and sometimes they are rather intriguing. There are only so many times I wish to tell people that I prefer my toilet paper to go over and not under on the dispenser, though. In any case, I thought it would be beneficial to let some of you know randomness about me.

Here are things that are most commonly known about me.

1. I love, LOVE, love peanut butter, but I hate peanuts...well, I hate most all nuts.
2. I love college football (insert elephant trumpet)
3. I'm "crazy" about basketball and am so excited that March Madness is coming.
4. My affection for shoes is endless.
5. My two daughters are often called "mini-Jodi". Bless them, Lord.
6. I am terrified of snakes, and no, there are not any "good" snakes. (Read Genesis people)
7. Sarcasm pours out of my pores.
8. I'm a runner...but not very fast.
9. My husband is the preacherman.
10. My favorite color is blue, and right now it is the shade of turquoise.

Things that are less commonly known about me.

1. My pinky toe is sideways.
2. My favorite golden retriever and I would share candy bars when I was little; and no, he did not die from it.
3. I have experienced the joy of kidney stones and would birth 35 more children before experiencing that again.
4. I won $100 from WZZK when I was a teenager.
5. I don't sleep well - ever. :)
6. I am a presidential junky...and history.
7. Twizzlers taste like plastic to me.
8. I sweat easily and therefore can become soaking wet by just standing outside.
9. I'm not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of falling.
10. I had a major car wreck with my mom my senior year of high school.

What I learn from me from the above 20 things...

1. Peanut butter has protein in it. (And lots of fat)
2. I have mellowed over the years in my fandom as I do not want to be remembered as the one who is obnoxious.
3. I can be loyal even when things are not pretty.
4. Find your one thing that you can indulge and be cautious but purposeful.
5. My influence is crucial.
6. The serpent is cursed.
7. Making you laugh is healthy because laughter is the best medicine.
8. Running gets my blood flowing and makes me a better person overall in the morning and throughout the day.
9. My behavior is being monitored.
10. Immersing yourself in colors that make you happy also help your overall demeanor.

The other facts:

1. God made me this way so that I can share with others how each of us have our own beauty marks.
2. Sometimes not knowing is best.
3. Ironically, my kidney stone was before the birth of my two children and I know God did that so that I would appreciate childbirth all the more.
4. I spend money too fast and yet sometimes I don't spend any because I want to make the best use of the money.
5. My mind is constantly running and not resting. I need downtime, because God cannot use me in this state. Therefore, my to-do list needs to be surrendered.
6. I love learning about people because everyone has a story. EVERYONE.
7. Food should not waste my time...nor should anything else.
8. Make sure when you are causing yourself discomfort it will have an end result that is worth the discomfort.
9. I don't like to be out of control. Falling is a loss of control.
10. God hears my prayers - ALWAYS.

1 comment:

Mama B said...

sorry, I could not concentrate on much of this post bc of my brain screaming- OH MY WORD! My pinkie toe is sideways too!!! I'm NOT A FREAK AFTER ALL!!!! Lol