Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Watch

As we are consumed by the flow of every day life, many of us are unaware of the very peril that is dancing outside the city's walls. We are in the days of pre-9/11 that gave us this arrogance that we were invincible and no matter what struggle may come our way, we will overcome such. There is a level of trust and a level of naivity that must be dealt with concerning our state of the union. However, if we are to be honest with ourselves, it will not be dealt with according to great wisdom and discernment. No, dear friends, we are witnessing right now the very fact that our people are oblivious to history. Our people are unwilling to make the very clear comparison between previous great empires and nations and our very own.

We want, want, want and we really don't care how it is acquired. We just want to have it. Give me more money to hold in my hand. Give me more entitlement without my efforts or energy. Give me more recognition despite my choices and conflict. Give me what he has because it is only fair that I am able to take from his portion because I cannot (will not) achieve his status. Give me what you don't have because it is your fault that I have my own disrepair. Create for me a perfect society at the cost of those who are exerting all their energy to be personally successful and sufficient. Protect me from enemies who seek to kill and destroy, but do so in a way that does not intefere with my freedom. Create for me equal shelter, equal wealth, equal health, and equal opportunity so that nobody is aware of my lack of contribution to the greater good. I deserve it. I was born this way. It is my parent's fault. It is my teacher's fault. It's my ancestor's fault. It's my boyfriend's fault. It's my pastor's fault. It's my community's fault. It's the government's fault. Not mine.

Have we not WATCHED people lose jobs because of obsession with self? Have we not WATCHED families self-destruct as they have been unable to own their responsibilities to one another? Have we not WATCHED families lose their homes because of overwhelming debt caused by overspending? Have we NOT WATCHED our leaders lose the ability to lead with strength and dignity because they are unable to own their mistakes and avoid them with maturity?

But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another. Galatians 5:15

We are always wanting it to be someone else's fault. We want to blame the government for the demise of our nation. WE PUT THESE PEOPLE IN OFFICE. WE WERE GIVEN THIS FREEDOM TO CHOOSE WHO SHOULD BEST REPRESENT US AND MAKE APPROPRIATE DECISIONS FOR US. WE CONTINUALLY RE-ELECT THEM. WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR MISTAKES BECAUSE WE GAVE THEM THE REIGNS. We want it to be there fault, but my dear friend, it is our fault. We are about to witness America lose it's home because they are unable to pay the bills that WE have created under OUR WATCH. We have requested them to spend beyond the budget and to overprint the dollar and to protect every cause known to man as we sit back and watch tv and play on our iProduct and shop in our designer stores. We point at each other with jealousy like small children who want the same ice cream cone their sibling has. And you know what? Like a parent who is unable to teach their child about true fairness and responsiblity and hard work, the government has given us what our sibling has so that we don't feel lesser or unequal or unfortunate or just sad. We have bitten and devoured one another and the ultimate consumption is upon us.

Watch and pray. We are about the experience the fruits of our labor.

No comments: