Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Powell Almighty


(Where it all began - the wall behind the refrigerator is this first picture. The change in paint color is where the wall is beginning to dry from the water spraying up from the hose that was on the ground. Yes, that is above our cabinets, above our pantry door)
(image 2 - Jeremy is taking a picture of the water leaking out of the foundation in the back of our house. The left non-brick area is our FIREPLACE. The wall is our living room connecting to the masterbedroom)

I realize in my random postings that I have not been able to share with all of you our destruction that has been brought upon our home. Most of you are familiar that our house was drastically remodeled on May 4th. However, many of you have not had the blessing of seeing the pictures. Let me tell you why I feel that even now is a good time to share. You see the demolition that has been done to our home in order to restore it has been left at just that. We are still in demolition mode. It is now July 4th - 2 MONTHS LATER. We have battled our insurance company to receive reasonable financial support from them. We have been through several different estimates of both construction and flooring professionals. We have written numerous letters to the company, and I will refrain from stating whom represents us because I will attempt to not be slanderous.

(This watermark is at our back door - about 15 feet from the refrigerator.)

Finally, this week, I nagged for another time and explained that we have not received any word from them in 4 weeks concerning my request for more $$ or my request for compensation for personal damage. The gentleman who is administrating the ordeal actually apologized and sent an apologetic gift to the Powell family because they had dropped the ball on our claim. I told him that I appreciated that acknowledgement, but more than anything, I just want my home back to normal.

(Our staircase leading upstairs is carpeted. You can see where the waterline was on the staircase was off of our main entryway. It is also about 15-20 feet away from the source of the leak.)

Many of the pictures you will see will be difficult to distinguish where the damage is because the water is either already vacuumed up or is hard to see. The flooring you will see in these pictures is no longer present. The majority of our 1st floor is just concrete foundation. In fact today, Emma and I spent much of our time on a picnic spread downstairs as Daddy recuperated upstairs from a violent virus. I want my house back.

(This wall is parallel to the entry way, but it is the garage side of the wall. Here you can see where the water was pouring through into our garage. It ran all the way out of the garage door. Hence why I thought something had spilled in the garage at first before entering the house)

We should be seeing some improvements in the next 2 weeks. :) We are thankful for our Noah-like experience.

No comments: