Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Nap No More

I don't want to! - that is her new favorite phrase. She says especially at nap time these days.

Is it a phase? Will it be permanent? Will we endure? Are we adjusting again? Help me people! Our precious daughter has decided over the weekend to drop her nap. She napped fine on Friday for our dear friend Samantha, but Saturday - Monday has been NADA! She will lay in the bed and cry, scream, talk, play, anything but sleep. So, we warned the school today, but I don't quite know what will happen. They are on a schedule and all the other little children will sleep. What will my child do? I must inquire about this with my father. My mother said that I dropped my naps pretty early, but I don't know if that was 4 or 2. Eeek! Be prayerful for us as we adjust. It isn't so much that I mind her not napping, it is that she will probably reek havoc at school for the teachers. She has tended to show "Terrible Two's" signs over the weekend as well. She has the temperament of her mother and father - God help us all!

No comments: